Learn how to make exotic spice blends that will bring flavor magic to your cooking and recipes using those blends. This series of cooking classes taught by Baba Olga’s Chef Aliza Green features recipes from her forthcoming book, The Magic of Spice Blends, and her other books. After this demonstration class, we will all sit down together to share lunch made from the recipes. Each guest will leave with a copy of the recipes and a sample packet of the spice blend we’ve made to make their own spice magic at home.
Price for the class and lunch is $35/person (online registration required).
Classes run from 11:00 to 2:00 pm including lunch.
Limit of 20 guests per class.
Saturday, March 14th: Morocco
Ras-al-Hanout (head of the market) spice blend (demo)
- Moroccan Spiced Carrot Salad
- B’Stilla of Grain-Fed Chicken with Ras-al-Hanout & Cinnamon-Almond Topping (demo)
- Candied Orange Cake with Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
Saturday, April 18th: Sri Lanka
Sambar Podi (Sri Lankan curry powder) (demo)
- Ginger-Lime Cucumber Salad
- Sri Lankan Vegetable Curry with Gold Sweet Potatoes and Cashews (demo)
- Saffron Basmati Rice
- Vegan Tahini Cake with Fruit Macedonia
Saturday, May 23: Turkey
Baharat Spice Blend (demo)
- Seared Lamb Simit Kebobs with Pistachios, Roasted Cubanelle Peppers & Tomatoes (demo)
- Farro & Lentil Mejadra with Caramelized Shallots, Coriander & Cumin
- Turkish Candied Carrot & Hazelnut Fillo Rolls (Havis)