Back By Popular Demand! * SOLD OUT *
Baba Olga’s Cafe & Supper Club Presents
The West Philadelphia Orchestra
On Saturday, November 22, 2014, 7-11pm
Grand Buffet, Live Music, Dancing!
West Philadelphia Orchestra
“With blistering beats and walls of brass, they inspire audiences to hold hands, dance, and slip the yoke of the homogenized culture industry.”
With a diverse line-up of professional Philadelphia musicians whose influences range from Sun Ra to Bulgarian brass bands, West Philadelphia Orchestra is a unique live ensemble in today’s auto-tuned musical world. They began playing Romanian ballads, Macedonian folk-dance songs, Bulgarian wedding music, and Klezmer in late 2006, and have continued expanding their repertoire of Eastern European music. The band also plays original tunes which blend other sounds, like jazz and classical, together with traditional Balkan sounds. As much a community as a band, WPO’s performances are celebratory events. With blistering beats and walls of brass, they inspire audiences to hold hands, dance, and slip the yoke of the homogenized culture industry. www.westphiladelphiaorchestra.com
MENU (Serving 7pm-10pm)
BYOB: We encourage you to bring your own libations.
Mezze Plate On Table as Guests Arrive:
- Fennel & Urfa Pepper-Spiced Almonds
- Seville Style Marinated Olives with Rosemary
- Muhammara (Turkish red pepper, walnut & pomegranate spread)
- Bulgarian Feta with Sumac & Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Grilled Multigrain Pita
- Honey-Rosemary Roasted Pear Salad: Cabrales Blue Cheese, Toasted Walnuts, Dried Cranberries, Mixed Greens, Pomegranate Dressing (Vegetarian)
- Ancient Grains Salad: barley, farro, French green lentils, Tuscan kale, pumpkin seeds, honey-citrus dressing (Vegan)
- Roasted Vegetable Fillo Pie: seasonal vegetables, dill & feta (Vegetarian)
- Cochin Spiced Roast Grain-Fed Chicken: Tomato-Ginger Sauce
- Cuban Beef Picadillo: braised beef, green olives, almonds, currants, tomato, cumin
- Steamed Basmati Rice
- Greek Briami: seasonal vegetables in extra-virgin olive oil, lemon & dill (Vegan)
- Torta Tres Leches with Dulce de Leche
- Seasonal Fruit Macedonia with Spearmint
For your convenience and to expedite seating you upon arrival, we are using Eventbrite for ticketing.
For reservations, go to
supperclub-nov22.eventbrite.com SOLD OUT
There are only 220 tickets for this event. Make your reservations today!